We rolled in on a Friday night, exhilarated by the autumn colors and the peaceful quiet of our wooded getaway.
Funny how just a few days can teach you so much about life...
Things I've learned this week:
1. Hot coffee on the screened porch every morning is definitely more rewarding than coffee with Facebook.
2. There is no such thing as absolute silence. ..Because there's always a little soft ringing in your ears.
3. God made beautiful colors.
4. I can survive without T.V. ( for ten days).
5. Cutting and stacking firewood all morning can make a person hungry.
6. You can wear the same pair of socks for a week if you have to.
7. If no one in town knows you, they don't realize that you usually don't wear overalls ,a red hoodie, work boots and no makeup to Dollar General.
8. A full size bed is A WHOLE LOT smaller than a queen size bed.
9. I'm addicted to Angry Birds on the iPad. ( hey, entertainment is scarce here!)
10. Winter is coming quickly.
11. When I miss my children, I still picture them as little kids.
12. My husband's whiskers are white.
13. Looking at the woods from up in a tree-stand is totally different than being at ground level.
14. It's difficult to rearrange the furniture in a 400 square foot cabin.
15. You avoid making phone calls if they either cost money (land line) or you have to drive up to the gate on the four wheeler to get cell service.
16. I still love Oreos and milk.
17. My dog is a nerd.
18. There are so many faces in nature and I truly love taking photographs.
( when I get a new laptop, I will post some. Can't download them to my iPad.)
19. I miss carpet, my bath tub, and Internet service.
20. I love to read good books.
Arrived home this morning. Nap time on the couch and a good dose of Facebook.
Now- on to Pinterest and maybe some Angry Birds!
There's no place like home....